I went to Switzerland for vacation. As a tourist, here are things that I found interesting:
- King size beds are friend-zone beds. At all the hotels I stayed at, a king bed was just two twin beds pushed together. And instead of having one king-sized comforter, each twin bed had its own twin comforter.
- When you order coffee, you get expresso. When I asked for an Americano, I was met with blank stares.
- Tips are built into restaurant prices. And most meals were ~$30 per person.
- Even in the cold, cafés kept dining tables and chairs outside. We ate outside, kept warm by the blankets that were provided.
- Every city I went to had an old town, a pedestrian shopping area with cobblestone streets. And every city I went to also had one casino.